Have you ever wanted a ‘recipe’ for creating the best possible small business website? Well, there is one and kindly, SocialMediaToday has posted an infographic containing all the ingredients!
They start by offering some important questions to ask yourself before you build a website – or even to ask about your current website:
- Will this website work on mobile devices?
- What will be the components of the website menu structure? (Hint – no clutter)
- What about the footer and the sidebar?
- What about some images to catch the eye and the reader’s attention?
- Where do the social media buttons and search feature go?
- What about a content management system to better manage content? (Which one?)
- Will the website load fast? How fast is fast enough?
- Have you selected a secure and reliable host for the website?
- Does the host take automatic backups? How often?
They then go on to display a handy visual guide of 50 – yes 50! – tips for website design and layout to optimise your small business website.
I think these tips are marvellous and it’s a very comprehensive guide for not only people building their own website but for people who want to make sure they are getting a good deal from their website designer or developer. Armed with this information small businesses can get the best value product AND a website that will be an asset to their company.
The full infographic is available from:
And of course, if you’d like any further help, or need someone to build it for you get in touch with The Smart Bear for a free consultation.