They start by offering some important questions to ask yourself before you build a website – or even to ask about your current website:
- Will this website work on mobile devices?
- What will be the components of the website menu structure? (Hint – no clutter)
- What about the footer and the sidebar?
- What about some images to catch the eye and the reader’s attention?
- Where do the social media buttons and search feature go?
- What about a content management system to better manage content? (Which one?)
- Will the website load fast? How fast is fast enough?
- Have you selected a secure and reliable host for the website?
- Does the host take automatic backups? How often?
They then go on to display a handy visual guide of 50 – yes 50! – tips for website design and layout to optimise your small business website.
I think these tips are marvellous and it’s a very comprehensive guide for not only people building their own website but for people who want to make sure they are getting a good deal from their website designer or developer. Armed with this information small businesses can get the best value product AND a website that will be an asset to their company.
The full infographic is available from:
And of course, if you’d like any further help, or need someone to build it for you get in touch with The Smart Bear for a free consultation.